Cross Mill logo

Cross Mill Gallery was discovered back in the mid-sixties when it was still just Cross Mill. In fact, it wasn't even that; it was just an abandoned shell of a building full of snakes, spiders and old machinery when Jack and Nancy Witt and her young sons, Brad and Dave Camden, bought it. For the next five years they worked on getting the place into shape installing bedrooms, studios and the gallery into the huge space. Around the time they all moved in Jeremy Witt was born.

Since then, the Mill has been operated as a working gallery, teaching studio, and home. Brad, David and Jeremy continue to have shows and keep the gallery open by appointment all year.


An old view of Cross Mill in the snow
c. 1940's.
An old view of Cross Mill in the snow
c. 1940's.

Aerial view of Cross Mill in the past
Mill aerial, c.1940's hand colored image of the mill when it was running.
Cross Mill in 1984
What the Mill looked like in 1984.

Old sign for Cross Mill
A sign from when the Mill was running.





Cross Mill in the snow
What the Mill looked like in the early 1990's.
Cross Mill entrance
Our front entrance, c. 2003.

Front wall inside the entrance
Block wall made by Nancy Witt from Mill scraps.
Cross Mill front hall
The front hall/gallery, 2010.

Cross Mill center gallery
The main gallery, 2010.
Cross Mill gallery
The main gallery, 2010.

 

Home  |  Nancy  |  David  |  Brad  |  Jeremy  |  Guests  |  Books  |  Events  |  The Mill  |  Contact


© 2017 Cross Mill Gallery